10 billion tree tsunami project has received worldwide appreciation. The Prime Minister of Pakistan is actively launching environmentally friendly projects that would help in mitigating the impacts of climate change. Check out 10 Billion Tree Tsunami Project appreciated by UNEP Executive Director
10 BILLION TREE TSUNAMI PROJECT
After winning the general elections of 2018, the Prime Minister of Pakistan Imran Khan announced the 10 billion tree tsunami project across the country. It is a five-year tree plantation project. The estimated cost of a 10 billion tree tsunami project is approximately 125.1843 billion pkr.
HISTORY OF 10 BILLION TREE TSUNAMI PROJECT (TBTTP)
10 billion tree tsunami project is the elongated vision of a billion tree tsunami project launched by the Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhawa in 2014. The targeted project was achieved in 2017. This afforestation project was initiated for tackling the effects of climate change and land restoration.
AIMS OF 10 BILLION TREE TSUNAMI PROJECT
The aim of the 10 billion tree tsunami project is to combat the negative impacts of climate change. The global rise in the temperature of the Earth can only be dealt with by adaptive measures. Prime Minister has launched this project without any international assistance and hopefully aims at fighting global warming.
PLANTATION JOURNEY OF 10 BILLION TREE TSUNAMI PROJECT
We have shared before and after pictures of land areas where 10 billion tsunami project has been launched.
Land has been restored under 10 billion tree tsunami project.
430,000 plants were planted at Kaktay #Hazara, #khyberPakhtunkhwa. This site is 100 Ha and in Badland stabilization. The land was treated under #10BillionTreeTsunami and the species planted were Rubinia, Poplar, willow, Bottle Brush.#Plant4Pakistan pic.twitter.com/KpqHOUNUlf
— 10 Billion Tree Tsunami (@Plant4Pak) August 18, 2021
This initiative has remained successful and fruitful so far and this can be seen in the before and after pictures.
Treatment of Bad Land Stabilization under #10BillionTreeTsunami. Turning #brown into #Green. The Species planted are Robinia, willow & poplar.
This is PM’s @ImranKhanPTI #NayaPakistan. #Plant4Pakistan21 pic.twitter.com/5yLxdadtqd
— 10 Billion Tree Tsunami (@Plant4Pak) August 15, 2021
BENEFITS OF TREES FOR PAKISTAN
Like every other country, trees are important for Pakistan. Here few benefits of trees for Pakistan are listed.
1. Water Conservation: Trees are essential for water conservation. Water scarcity is becoming an extreme issue in Pakistan. Massive level tree plantation is necessary for rising groundwater levels.
2. Land Rehabilitation: The billion tree tsunami project is also an effort by Pakistan to show its commitment to the Bonn Challenge. Several hectares have been restored with tree plantation.
3. Soil Conservation: Salinity and water logging is a common issue in Pakistan. Trees prevent soil erosion. Old logs and fallen leaves increase soil fertility. Soil conservation is possible with trees.
5. Economy: The economy of Pakistan is expected to generate revenue from the 10 billion tree tsunami project and would provide job opportunities to youth. Read PTI’s Olive Plantation Drive will Increase Exports of Pakistan
6. Prevent Floods: Monsoon season in Pakistan causes extensive damage to agriculture and heavy rains often result in floods. Trees prevent floods and filter water.
7. Clean Air: Forests act as a carbon sink. Increasing forest area will remove carbon from the atmosphere. Also, trees absorb air pollutants and make the air clean.
8. Reduce Carbon Footprint: Pakistan is contributing to less than 1 percent of global greenhouse gases emissions. Planting trees will increase the forest cover of Pakistan and reduce carbon footprint. For more info: All You Need To Know About Carbon Footprint And Its Importance.
Trees provide us oxygen and remove carbon from the atmosphere. However, humans are more inclined towards destruction and hence voluntarily engage themselves in deforestation. The forest cover in Pakistan is less than 6% of the total land area. The Government of Pakistan has taken this initiative and launched billion tree tsunami projects that are proven to be successful so far. This initiative will have a positive impact on the economy of the country by generating revenue and help against climate change.
Also check out: Ghazi Barotha 1 Million Tree Plantation Campaign Begins
I hope you all liked this post! Please comment below if you have any suggestions, comments, or feedback! We at #envpk love hearing from our readers! Thanks!
For feedback or queries, email at firstname.lastname@example.org