If we take some time and look around, we would definitely realize that there is something wrong with our environment, our daily life routines, and our way of thinking green. factors around us that include the smoke arising from vehicles, unpredicted precipitation, increasing allergy reactions, heaps of unattended waste, etc. It is the right time for us to act green, think green, and move green. Natural Reserves are getting depleted due to pollution and overexploitation. Climate change is happening around the world. Environmental issues are becoming prevalent. In such scenarios, we all must opt for ways that make our home environmentally friendly at least.
There are many benefits of making a home eco-friendly. The importance of making your home eco-friendly can be explained in this way that it saves money in the long run, conserves water, and protects the environment we are living in.
Below, 15 easy ways are listed to make your home eco-friendly.
- Use Solar Panels For Electricity: Electricity is being produced from non-renewable energy sources such as burning fossil fuels. It is suggested that renewable energy source such as solar panels should be installed at home because it is eco-friendly technology as well as lessens the electricity bill
- Install Rainwater Harvesting System: It is a very easy technique to save rainwater. Extreme weather events are resulting in heavy precipitation. Installing a rainwater harvesting system at home will help in conserving water resources.
- Grow Rooftop Gardens: Air pollution is increasing due to the emission of airborne particles and toxic gases from burning fossil fuels in transportation. Growing rooftop gardening will help in tackling ambient temperature. To know more about it: Rooftop Vegetation and Vertical Gardening – Solution to Self-Sustenance.
- Growing Mushrooms Indoors: Mushrooms have many health benefits and are a rich source of proteins. Growing mushrooms indoors could be an economical and sustainable approach towards reducing food waste.
- Balcony Gardens: Balcony gardens have many eco-friendly benefits. One can have access to fresh, chemical-free plant products, and balcony gardens filter the polluted air.
- Composting Kitchen Waste: Composting kitchen waste will reduce the volume of waste being generated at home.
- Water-Saving Eco-friendly Smart Taps: There is a dire need for developing and following water conservation techniques. Installing water-saving eco-friendly smart tap will limit unwanted water waste.
- LED Energy Efficient Light Bulbs: Switching to LED energy-efficient light bulbs will reduce electricity bills and it is an eco-friendly technology.
- Use Biodegradable Plastic: Avoid using single-use plastics that are responsible for increasing environmental pollution, rather go for biodegradable plastic.
- Install Solar/BiomassThermal For Heating Homes: Installing solar/biomass thermal is an eco-friendly technique for heating homes/water because it uses renewable energy sources.
- Adopt 3Rs Methods For Recycling Products: Adopting the 3Rs method that is “reduce, reuse and recycle” will reduce the demand for raw material.
- Use Eco-friendly Cleaning Products: Learn DIYs and prepare home cleaning products. Synthetic products include detergents that are responsible for water pollution.
- Use Smart Thermostat: Electricity being produced from burning fossil fuel is used to control temperature. Installing a smart thermostat will be an eco-friendly approach for maintaining temperature.
- Opt For Water-Based Paints: Oil-based paints contain hazardous chemicals while water-based paints produce less volatile organic compounds.
- Install Drip Irrigation System: Installing a drip irrigation system at home will save water from getting wasted.
Also check out: 15 Easy and Practical Ways to Reduce Food Waste
I hope you all liked this post! Please comment below if you have any suggestions, comments, or feedback! We at #envpk love hearing from our readers! Thanks!
For feedback or queries, email at email@example.com