Environment comprises of everything that surrounds us, thus the subject of environment or environmental science is extremely vast – it literally includes everything that is in your surroundings: the land, the water, the air and everything in them and everything that effects them. Along with all this our environment is dynamic and is constantly being changed for the better and (mostly) for the worse, thanks to anthropogenic activities (in simpler terms, human activities). Anthropogenic activities like habitat destruction, hunting and poaching, pollution and burning of fossil fuels are all factors that lead to climate change in one way or the other, which is a very real threat to our world.
It wouldn’t be wrong to say that you can’t ever fully understand and have complete knowledge about environment, so thorough and constant reading is advised. The environment is dynamic, so should be our knowledge about it and what better way there is to get information about something than books! Today we bring you a list of 10 amazing books about environment and its related topics including climate change, species extinction, habitat destruction and pollution etc that will help you be better informed about this subject. So check these books out and expand your mind..
- Silent Spring by Rachel Carson.
- How to Give Up Plastic by Will McCallum
- Losing Earth – A Recent History by Nathaniel Rich
- The Death and Life of the Great Lakes by Dan Egan
- Where the Water Goes – Life and Death Along the Colorado River by David Owen
- The Limits to Growth by Dennis Meadows, Donella Meadows, Jørgen Randers, William W. Behrens III
- Last Chance to See by Douglas Adams and Mark Carwardine
- There Is No Planet B: A Handbook for the Make Or Break Years by Mike Berners-Lee
- The song of the dodo by David Quammen
- Cradle to Cradle: Remaking the Way We Make Things by Michael Braungart and William McDonough
Also check out: 15 Environmental Problems Our World is Facing Right now
I hope you all liked this post! Please comment below if you have any suggestions, comments, or feedback! We at #envpk love hearing from our readers! Thanks!
Founder of Envpk.com. A passionate environmentalist and researcher by education and at heart. A proud tree-hugger.