Space Exploration: This term is defined as the exploration of outer space by utilizing modern space technology and the science of astronomy. Astronomers used to explore space with telescopes – a key point for modern scientists to discover more about outer space.
Today, outer space is being explored physically by human spaceflights, robot machines, space rockets, satellites, etc.
NEGATIVE IMPACTS OF SPACE EXPLORATION ON THE ENVIRONMENT
Space exploration definitely has numerous negative impacts on the Earth’s environment. The atmosphere we are living and breathing in is already contaminated by human activities. Developed Technology is not far from creating environmental issues.
Published Research has stated negative impacts of space exploration. In a nutshell, space activities are posing great threats to the ozone layer. Whether its space waste produced as a result of rockets propulsion, or discarded material from collisions, or chemical pollution caused by leakage of fuels in outer space, all have consequences on the protective layer of the Earth.
Some negative impacts caused by space exploration are highlighted below.
1. Climate Change: The launching space rocket emits black carbon that may have a strong influence on the climate of the stratosphere. The stratosphere has much of the ozone layer and air pollutants in this layer could deplete the protective layer and hence Earth is more exposed to solar radiation.
2. Carbon Foot Print: The process of launching a rocket in outer space for exploration releases greenhouse gases that have increased Carbon Footprint.
3. Global Warming: The carbon footprint is a leading source of global warming. There are top companies that are responsible for one-third of carbon emissions.
4. Air Pollution: The fuels are used during the launching of space rockets or in any other activities of space exploration. The burning of fuels causes air pollution.
6. Soil Pollution: Atmospheric deposition that consists of harmful substances causes soil pollution.
7. Marine Pollution: The space waste that falls back to the Earth causes marine pollution particularly polluting the oceans.
IMPACTS OF SPACE EXPLORATION ON THE HUMAN HEALTH
There are negative impacts of space exploration on human health as well. Space exploration tends to cause cardiovascular diseases among astronauts. A study has found out that the space costume is not fully protecting astronauts from solar radiation and human deep space exploration is potentially at higher risk of health complications.
Human curiosity is justifiable to some extent. But keeping in mind the same human has ruined the quality of life on the Earth. Whether there is life on other planets or not, are we humans taking our planet Earth seriously? Is space exploration worth all this terrestrial and extraterrestrial pollution when most of our oceans are still unexplored? The outer life hasn’t landed on planet Earth yet. We need to improve life on Earth rather than looking for land areas on Moon. It may be possible that the aliens are living in peace.
Also check out: 10 Environmental Pollution Quotes Wallpaper Pictures
I hope you all liked this post! Please comment below if you have any suggestions, comments, or feedback! We at #envpk love hearing from our readers! Thanks!
For feedback or queries, email at email@example.com